Sat, Oct 05|
Plaza De Las Cruces
Come out and celebrate diversity! Show your pride at this year's Pride March!
Time & Location
Oct 05, 2019, 4:30 PM
Plaza De Las Cruces, 100 N Main St, Las Cruces, NM 88001, USA
About the Event
Guidelines for participating organizations, individuals, and families
- Wagon entries can be made by individuals, families, or organizations.
- Participating individuals and organizations can use whatever size wagon they desire so long as the entire wagon...
the event. o Cansafelyturncornersofmarchroutewithouttippingoverorcausinganydelayofthe
- There can be (though it is not required) participating individuals sitting in the wagon; again, safety is the key, and if someone in your wagon would make it more likely to tip over, please refrain from having someone in the wagon.
- Please refrain from inciteful or divisive messages on your float; This is meant to be a celebratory march and not one of protest.
- This year’s theme will be Voices of Change; use this theme to help guide your wagon’s design and decorations.
- There will be prizes given out for the following: o MostCreative o BestThematicFloat o GrandPrizeWinner
- Floats should arrive with their team no later than 4:00 PM. They can begin arriving at 3:30. You will need to pick up your number and place yourself in correct order near the plaza. March will start somewhere around 4:30. If you do not arrive by 4:00, you may forfeit your eligibility for winning the prizes. All participants shall gather at the North-West corner of Griggs and Main St.
- Groups are welcome to carry banners and other signs with them either on the float or marching ahead of float.
- Wagon Float Participants must fill out an entry form. (See Below)Float entry should be received no later than 5:00 PM on Wed. Oct. 2nd. Float entries received after will not be considered, though all groups and/or individuals that would like to march in the procession may do so the day of the event.Email float entry to : email@example.com
- March participants must adhere to the attached procession route